Boost or Boosting is the term applied to a craft moving by vertical and horizontal thrusters. Boosters are a required component when constructing Armored Core, and most Pilots (Ravens or LINX) tend to rely on their unit's Boost capabilities.
Methods[edit | edit source]
- A standard booster is the basis for booster technology and the reason for a Armored Core's speed, Most mechs have boosters.
Extension Boosters[edit | edit source]
- Otherwise known as add-on boosters, These are optional equipment that attaches to the Armored Core to provide either additional thrust during boosting; or have a special, booster related effect which that is similar to Quickboosting. There are Extensions/Shoulder and Dual-Back models
- A special booster based in the core that is used for very fast movement that regular booster cant achieve. It needs to charge up before it starts up.
- In Armored Core V, it is renamed Glide Boost, but is activated instantly and must be started on the ground only.
- A special booster function that allows for near instantanious movement over a short distance. it's essentially a very short and powerfull booster dash for quick evasions. NEXT's and only a few special weapons have.
- In Armored Core V, it is renamed High-Boost and is more widespread than ever; this version however cannot be used to aid in turning.
Boost Drive[edit | edit source]
- The ability to jump or kick off of flat surfaces to move in a manner similar to Quick Boost. Vertical Surfaces, such as a building, are the easiest to use and can be used to gain hieght.
- In Armored Core V, it replaces vertical boosting and like Hi-Boost, it cannot be used to aid in turning.
Boost Charge[edit | edit source]
- A charging attack during Hi-Boost, in essence a melee attack reinforced with boosters (a kick or a full unit tackle).
- This is activated by holding the Hi-Boost Button, and is affected by a Leg parts boost charge stats and an AC's speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In games before Armored Core 4, Overboosting and using a Extension Booster has a somewhat similar effect to Quickboosting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.